JoinMuse | Форум сообщества поклонников группы Muse

• 24 Май 2019, 08:30
  • Добро пожаловать, Гость
Please login or register.

Войти
футболки, кружки и чехлы MUSE

Новости:

Видео ALGORITHM

Автор Тема: Интевью с Крисом про текущие сетлисты  (Прочитано 1615 раз)

Duende

• Выбери Музу!
  • Clio

• respect: 2604
Last time we spoke, you were nervous about the idea of singing live. How do you feel now?

Not too bad. I'm more at ease now as a result of doing it almost every night, but it can take some time to feel legitimate in the role of a singer. For the first few months, I wasn't even sure I was enjoying singing live, it's a very strange feeling. But after around the fifteenth time, I realised it was going fine. You tend to think too much in those moments about forgetting lyrics or staying in time, but when you relax and tell yourself it'll be ok, everything runs perfectly.

Even in a stadium?

I don't see any difference between performing to 10 000 or 25 000 people. I'm not more nervous in front of that many people any more, it's actually the other way around. I'm more uneasy when we play in small spaces, because there, you can see the crowd, their expressions, their eyes. It's quite scary, especially if you mess up notes.

You've completely changed your set from the arena tour to the stadium tour. How did you work it all out?

It wasn't easy. We wanted to keep the pyramid, but it didn't really work, because there's no roof. We had to completely rethink that part of the set, which was complicated because we want the stadium shows to be the most spectacular of the tour, but there's nothing to hang it up from.

Not only did we have to think of new ideas, but we also had to realise them without bankrupting ourselves. That's where the idea came from for the giant screen split into different parts, which allowed us to completely rethink the scenography.

As for the huge catwalk, we've been thinking about it since the last tour. When you play in a stadium, you can only see the first few rows. It's quite frustrating! To see the maximum number of people and feel the excitement of the crowd, we wanted to play more or less in the middle of the mosh pit. I think those elements have allowed this tour to be different and a lot more spectacular than what's happened in the past.

For the first few dates, we had to work very hard so that everything fit together perfectly, mostly me and Matt who spend the whole time running around the stage, we had to make sure to be in the right place at the right time, and it's not always obvious where you have to be. But we were lucky enough to have a very well organised team who you get on well with, which allows you to experience the whole thing in a relatively relaxed fashion.

On an organisational level, how do you sort out how to change little things from one night to the next?

It's very difficult, especially during a tour of that kind, where certain elements aren't flexible. For example, the first two or three songs had to stay the same because of the explosion that comes with them, or when the actors are performing, it has to be during one particular song, like for Animals or Blackout, so that just left a handful slots we could rotate night by night.

You went back to playing old songs, like Sunburn and Dead Star.

Basically. It makes me think of Screenger or Hyper Music, which we haven't played for a very long time, except at Reading and Leeds, which we haven't thrown out completely (  ). It's a very difficult choice, because every time we play an old song, we're forced to drop a newer one. It gets difficult to manage, because there are more and more Muse fans with different tastes. There are the hardcore Showbiz fans, ones who love OoS, etc.

We try to put together a balanced setlist with songs we enjoy playing. It's not always about choosing your favourite song, because sometimes the other band members aren't on board, as is the case with Big Freeze, which hasn't found its way into this tour for the moment. On the other side of things, we rehearsed Muscle Museum at the start of this tour and it didn't work any more, for different reasons. That song isn't representative of modern-day Muse. That doesn't mean we're never going to play it again, but for the moment, it doesn't work. If we played it now, it would just be for the nostalgia and the memories that it evokes.

Is that the case for the whole Showbiz era?

No, not at all! Sunburn, for example, works perfectly, because it has some characteristics in common with some more recent tracks. If we had to release a Best Of album, Sunburn would make it on, but not Muscle Museum. And the same goes for Escape, which has always been my favourite song off Showbiz. It's like we're not the same band any more.

On the other hand, for Dead Star, it's a bit weird, because wherever we went in the world, it seemed to be a fan favourite! After all the messages from fans asking us to play it, we finally cracked. But what's funny is that when we do play it, there must be 2000 people going mental and the rest don't move at all and ask what's going on! Because it's not on an album, it's not so well known. It's a strange experience.

To finish up, what are your plans for after this tour?

I'm not sure that we're going to do festivals next year, because we're setting about writing our new album. We've already got a lot of ideas in stock!
I already found what I was looking for
You know it wasn’t here
No it wasn’t here...

Agava

• Erato

• respect: 1376
  • 'O, Matty...
Re: Интевью с Крисом про текущие сетлисты
0 « Reply #1 : 13 Сентябрь 2013, 23:53 »
Подиум очевидно заменил Мэтту мечтаемый краудсерфинг.)
Интересно кому из них BF не "по борду"
– my moveable feast'
'Realise that you cannot control everything. Enjoy the chaos' [Muse]
'They will not con-fucking-troll us' [M.J.Bellamy]

bowie

• Euterpe

• respect: 558
  • THE NEXT DAY
0 « Reply #2 : 14 Сентябрь 2013, 21:30 »
Интересно кому из них BF не "по борду"

по-моему очевидно
если кое-кто даже в ВубВубе не хочет повопить, то уж ноты БФ ему в страшных снах снятся

Giulia_giulia

• Polyhymnia

• respect: 230
  • Я не люблю MUSE! Я их обожаю!
0 « Reply #3 : 15 Сентябрь 2013, 20:13 »
Крис, ты разбил моё сердце... Я так мечтала услышать вживую ММ...
Я понимаю, я все понимаю... Но мне очень жаль (((( :'(
Together we're invincible (С)

Marigold

• Polyhymnia

• respect: 368
Каждый раз, когда мы включаем в сетлист старую песню, мы должны отказаться от одной из новых. Нам становится всё труднее соблюсти баланс, потому что появляется больше фанатов Muse с совершенно разными вкусами. Есть хардкорные фанаты «Шоубиза», есть поклонники OOS и так далее.

Мы стараемся составить сбалансированный сетлист из песен, которые нам нравится играть. Не всегда это означает, что мы выбираем любимые песни, потому что остальным участникам группы они не очень-то по душе. Так получилось с песней «Big Freeze», которая так ни разу и не была сыграна в туре. С другой стороны, мы репетировали «Muscle Museum» в самом начале тура, но с ней ничего не вышло, по разным причинам. Эта песня не отражает суть  нынешних Muse. Это не означает, что мы никогда больше не будем её играть, но в данный момент она не вписывается. Если бы стали её играть сейчас, это было бы только ради ностальгии и тех воспоминаний, которые она пробуждает. 

При этом «Sunburn» на концертах звучит идеально, потому что в ней есть что-то общее с нашими недавними песнями. Если бы мы выпускали сборник лучших хитов, «Sunburn» вошла бы в него, но не «Muscle Museum». То же самое относится и к «Escape», которая всегда была моей любимой песней из «Шоубиза». Но сейчас мы уже совсем другая группа. 

Что касается «Dead Star», то с ней всё очень странно. Куда бы мы ни поехали, эта песня - явный фаворит среди фанатов. После того как они забросали нас просьбами снова начать играть её, мы, в конечном счёте, сдались. Но вот что забавно: когда мы играем её, около 2000 человек сходят с ума, а все остальные спокойно стоят и думают: что вообще происходит? Ведь это не альбомная песня, она не так хорошо известна. Довольно странное ощущение.
Queen boom and Radiohead gloom

Volodia_lw

• Urania

• respect: 2512
  • сквозь тернии к зездам
а кстати мне хотелось биг фриз послушать

https://vk.com/iskrarock
https://vk.com/v_lwfoto

Страница сгенерирована за 0.238 секунд. Запросов: 21.